By using Atlasshorts™️, you agree to Atlasshorts Privacy Statement below.
Atlasshorts (“Atlasshorts”, "we", "us", "our") recognises the importance of your privacy and is committed to protecting any personal information we collect about you in accordance with the National Privacy Principles.
For the purposes of this Privacy Statement, the word "you" includes website visitors, Atlasshorts registered users and purchasers of Atlasshorts products and services.
The purpose of this Privacy Statement is to inform you about:
- What personal information about you is collected by Atlasshorts.
- How the information is used.
- With whom the information may be shared.
- How you can access and change any personal information Atlasshorts holds about you.
- What security procedures are in place to protect the loss, misuse or alteration of your personal information by Atlasshorts
- How to contact Atlasshorts
This Privacy Statement applies to any personal information you provide to us:
- when visiting the Atlasshorts website
- when using Atlasshorts online services
- when entering into an agreement with Atlasshorts and/or another third party
- when you request Atlasshorts forward information about yourself to a third party
- when you correspond, or communicate with Atlasshorts over the telephone or in any other manner including by letter, facsimile or email
In addition to collecting personal information directly from you, we may also obtain personal information about you from third party sources such as our training providers and other third party service providers.
Failure by you to provide personal information when requested by Atlasshorts may mean that we are unable to provide certain services and products to you.
2. What types of information do we collect?
Atlasshorts gathers two types of information about you, namely:
- aggregated information generated by our systems (or third party systems) to track our website traffic but that which does not identify you personally; and
- personal information about you such as your name, address, telephone and facsimile number, email address, website usage and in some cases, your billing details and general financial and credit information.
The type of information that Atlasshorts collects about you is dependent on how you use the services offered on our website and the products you are interested in purchasing through Atlasshorts, or for the products a third party purchases on your behalf.
Generally, Atlasshorts does not collect 'sensitive information' about you. Sensitive information includes (but is not limited to) information about your race or ethnic origin, your religion and your sexual preferences. Atlasshorts will only collect sensitive information about you in the event that it is necessary for the purpose of providing you with a product or service. In such circumstances, Atlasshorts will only collect sensitive information with your consent unless we are required by law to collect such information from you.
Collection of aggregate data
Atlasshorts also collects non-personal information in aggregate form to track data such as the total number of visits to our website, the number of visits to specific areas of our website and the domain names of our website visitors internet service providers.
We use this information, which remains in aggregate form, to understand how our website visitors use our website so that we can constantly improve and enhance our services. We may also share this information with our training providers for the purpose of providing you with optimal training material & services.
Your Internet Provider IP address
Atlasshorts web servers provide us with your IP address. This assists us in the diagnosis of problems and or support issues with our services.
Cookies and Applets
Atlasshorts uses 'cookies' and 'applets' in its website systems. These enable you to use services such as free demonstrations of our training courses. You are able to disable cookies and applets via your computer's web browser however this will restrict access to some web pages and services within the Atlasshorts website.
3. How we collect information
Atlasshorts may collect personal information about you when you visit our website and you elect to use our online services, when you register as a Atlasshorts Registered User, when you enter into a contract with Atlasshorts and, when you deal with Atlasshorts over the telephone or correspond with Atlasshorts via facsimile, letter or email or any other mode of communication.
Atlasshorts may also collect personal information about you from our training providers and other third parties who purchase or arrange for access to Atlasshorts on your behalf (such as your name, email address and/or class enrolments).
4. How we use your personal information
Atlasshorts may use your personal information for one or more of the following purposes:
- to communicate with you, including via email newsletters
- to facilitate and process contracts between yourself and Atlasshorts and/or third parties
- to identify the number of people using Atlasshorts’ website services and establish the nature of their interests
- to facilitate Atlasshorts registration
- to conduct Atlasshorts training activities
- to conduct Atlasshorts marketing activities
- to provide you with information about Atlasshorts and its services and products.
5. Disclosure of personal information to third parties
Atlasshorts may disclose your personal information to third party contractors who perform services for us including the management and maintenance of our information systems.
Where your personal information is passed on to third party contractors, Atlasshorts takes reasonable steps to ensure that these individuals and/or organisations are bound by confidentiality and privacy obligations in relation to the protection of your personal information.
Other than as outlined above, Atlasshorts will not disclose your personal information without your consent unless disclosure is necessary to prevent a threat to life or health, authorised or required by law, reasonably necessary to enforce the law or necessary to investigate a suspected unlawful activity.
6. Access to and correction of information we hold about you
Upon your request, Atlasshorts will provide you with access to your personal information unless there is an exception which applies under the National Privacy Principles. If we deny such access, we will tell you why. Atlasshorts may recover any reasonable costs incurred in providing you access to the requested information. To request access to your personal information, please contact Atlasshorts using one of the contact options provided in paragraph 12 of this Privacy Statement.
7. Keeping information up to date
Atlasshorts strives to ensure that the information we hold about you is accurate, complete and up to date at all times.
If the personal information we hold about you is inaccurate, incomplete, or no longer up to date, or you wish for your details to be removed from the website, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org so that we may take reasonable steps to address this and/or discuss alternative options with you.
8. Storage and security of your personal information
Atlasshorts takes reasonable steps to protect the security of your personal information in accordance with this Privacy Statement. Unfortunately, no data transmission over the internet can be guaranteed to be totally secure. Whilst Atlasshorts strives to protect such information, we cannot ensure or provide any warranties in respect of the security of any information you transmit to us or obtain from our online products or services. Accordingly, use of the Atlasshorts website is at your own risk.
Once any personal information comes into our possession, we will take reasonable steps to protect that information from misuse and loss and from unauthorised access, modification or disclosure.
9. Links to other websites
The Atlasshorts website may contain links to other websites. Please note that these links are intended for your convenience only.
Links to third party websites do not constitute endorsement, sponsorship or approval by Atlasshorts of the content, policies or practices of those third party websites.
If you have any concerns regarding your privacy when visiting a linked third party, you should ensure that you check the privacy statement/policies of those websites.
10. Destruction of your personal information
Atlasshorts will take reasonable steps to destroy or de-identify any personal information about you once the information is no longer required for the purposes for which it was collected or as authorised or required by law.
11. Changes to Atlasshorts Privacy Statement
From time to time, Atlasshorts may make changes to this Privacy Statement. Accordingly, we encourage you to periodically review this statement to remain informed about how we collect and protect your personal information.
Your continued use of the Atlasshorts website constitutes your acceptance of the collection, use and disclosure of your personal information to the extent outlined in this Privacy Statement as amended from time to time.
For further information about the protection of your privacy, please visit the Australian Federal Privacy Commissioner's website at www.privacy.gov.au.
12. Feedback and questions about privacy and the Atlasshorts website
Atlasshorts welcomes ideas and feedback about all aspects of the Atlasshorts website. This feedback may be used to administer and refine the services we provide and may be shared with Atlasshorts partners either in aggregate form or with specific identifying characteristics removed.
If you have any questions regarding this Privacy Statement, practices of the Atlasshorts website or your dealings with Atlasshorts, you can contact us via email: email@example.com